Do you want to swim or relax, try a new water sport or go fishing with the kids during the holidays? With 100 km of coastline, the Ile de Ré is the perfect beach destination for a great camping holiday in Charente-Maritime!
Where to go to enjoy the island’s most beautiful beaches
To help you choose this summer, here are some favourites for campers!
- At the north-western tip of the island, the beach of Conche des Baleines: a huge beach of fine sand that stretches from the Baleines lighthouse to Les Portes-en-Ré. A joy for families!
- At the entrance to the Fier d’Ars, discover the Trousse Chemise beach which inspired Charles Aznavour to write one of his most beautiful songs. Perfect for a swim or a picnic in the shade of the umbrella pines!
- In Le Bois-Plage-en-Ré, the Gros-Jonc beach: a long sandy beach, very popular with families and with two sailing schools to practice your favourite activity (catamaran, dinghy, windsurfing, stand-up paddleboard …).
- In La Flotte-en-Ré, the Arnérault beach is a sheltered and easily accessible family beach, a stone’s throw from the village of La Flotte, classified as one of the “Most Beautiful Villages in France”.
- In Sainte-Marie-de-Ré, the Grenettes beach is the favourite playground of surfers, but also of fishermen at low tide.
- In Rivedoux-Plage, there are two large sandy beaches. While the South beach is popular with holidaymakers, the North beach has forged a great reputation with kitesurfers.